CIRCA - Toolkit Compatible

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Jesmond, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Jesmond

Jesmond

Thanks to the Tech Support Team for your prompt telephone support.

Hi Guys,
    Being new to C-BUS Automation I have completed most of the Clipsal Training Courses (which feature Toolkit). I am now up to my 3rd installation for "Approved Installer Certification" and I would like to set up a 5034NIRT. I have connected it all up and to my surprise have now established that CIRCA is not Toolkit Compatible.

Can anyone supply me any hints as to the best way of installing and commissioning the 5034. I have just found the 5034NIRT training manual and I am not quite sure how this all fits together.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Are there any other guides or manuals I should be looking for ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2005
    Jesmond, Jul 27, 2005
  2. Jesmond

ABSOLUTE

Hi Jesmond
    the way I have been doing this is creating all my group address's in tool kit then exporting the tool kit project into cbus V2. most of the new units ie.. DLT's ect cant be accessed in V2 but this doesn't matter all the groups you have created in tool kit will be carried over. Once you have done this you can open circa click file > new, then select the project you are working in
    and the network in that project and then select which 5034NIRT you are woking with from your network. [ I usually just call them IR1 ,IR2 ect]
    Once you have done this correctly you should see the network in left hand side of the circa page click on the lighting section to acess all your groups then you can start droping your IR codes on to the groups required.
    Once your done connect to the NIRT and download the project.

I hope this helps.

Luke

ABSOLUTE, Jan 7, 2006
  3. Jesmond

Richo

A Toolkit compatible version of Circa has been released as a beta.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1828

This should not be used on a job site, but if you are experimenting or working on a your own system then it is probably safe to use. There are no known issues with the beta that don't already exists in Circa V1 so if something doesn't work right would be good to get feedback.

I am, of course, working on the beta to progress it to released state as soon as possible. However, this may still take a few weeks as the testing department are sticklers for testing these things thoroughly.

Richo, Jan 8, 2006
Ask a Question