Circa 2 BETA 2.0.6 crashing on my .CID file

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by BradJ, Jul 3, 2006.

1. BradJ

BradJ

Hi all,

Circa 2 BETA is crashing on my .CID file. Unfortunately I left this project for a few months and I can't remember the details of what may have happened just before it started crashing, or if indeed it's only crashing on the latest version. Hopefully, without too much effort, someone can loaded it on a debug system and see why its crashing.

Some of the IR code data inside the project has been generated by me using data sourced from a pronto and VB code inside an excel spreadsheet, but I have had this data working previously.

When I open my .CID file, I get the following dialog message:

Circe.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Then I get the following message box:

INVALID DATA FILE.
    Input file is not recognised as a valid IR data file.
    Error Class: ECGateServerRejectConnection.
    Error Message: The connection to CGate was cancelled as CGate failed to meet the connection requirements. Connection was disallowed for the following reason "Unable to determine server version".

Which is odd since it seems to be complaining about two things, an invalid IR file and a CGate version problem.

I'm running CGate 2.5.8 Build 2108.

If you want me to do anything else to provide any additional information, just let me know,

Thanks,
    Brad.

Attached Files:

BradJ, Jul 3, 2006
  2. BradJ

Richo

Hi,

I had no problems opening that project in the current internal build of Circa. This internal build is substantially the same as the current public beta.

The problem may exist with the C-Gate Project file. Can you provide a copy of the C-Gate Project "johnson". Send this to tech support and ask them to forward it to Richo if you don't want to attach it to the forums.

What operating System are you using? Try starting C-Gate prior to running Circa if you haven't done so already.

Richo, Jul 3, 2006
  3. BradJ

BradJ

I sent the project file to [email protected].

I have tried starting CGate first, but it didn't help. I'm using XP Pro.

Thanks Richo.

BradJ, Jul 3, 2006
  4. BradJ

Richo

Thanks Brad. I haven't seen it come through to me yet, but will chase Tech Training and Support to find it.

Richo, Jul 3, 2006
  5. BradJ

Richo

Hi,

You only sent the orignal V2 project files and not the C-Gate project. I imported the V2 project into C-Gate and then loaded the Circa project file you attached above. All had no problems.

Perhaps you could try re-importing the V2 project file and if it still doesn't work try sending the actual C-Gate project file (use C-Bus Toolkit to backup the project).

Also check that C-Bus Toolkit has no problems loading the project and viewing the unit configuration.

Richo, Jul 4, 2006
  6. BradJ

BradJ

Richo,

The export from Toolkit crashed. I have sent you (via tech support) a backup of my project repository as well as the text log from the crash.

I think a backup of just my 'Johnson' project will work, so I suspect that if I remove the extra projects in my repository my problem may be resolved.

Brad.

BradJ, Jul 4, 2006
  7. BradJ

BradJ

Hi Richo,

Just wondering if you got my files, and if you determined why the software was crashing.

Brad.

BradJ, Jul 6, 2006
  8. BradJ

Richo

Hi Brad,

No, I didn't receive the second set of files. Will chase Monday as I won't be back in to the office until then.

Richo, Jul 6, 2006
  9. BradJ

BradJ

gentle bump...:)

BradJ, Jul 14, 2006
  10. BradJ

Richo

I can't fault the files, they all work fine on my machine. Looking at the oroginal error message this bit is interesting "The connection to CGate was cancelled as CGate failed to meet the connection requirements. Connection was disallowed for the following reason "Unable to determine server version"."

I wonder if the conection problem is actually due to a different problem like a firewall or similar.

Richo, Jul 14, 2006
  11. BradJ

BradJ

Interesting - I just tried it again and it is not crashing.

Before reporting the crash, I had just upgraded everything to the latest levels. The crash was occuring on my notebook, offline to the CBUS network (which probably means nothing). Since I reported the crash, I had uninstalled AVG anti-virus and installed NOD32 to give it ago. I didn't think any of those two performed firewall functions that would affect CGate, and I had been running AVG for quite a while anyway (I think). I have also recently made a minor change to my project file (editing a Neo key) and resaved the project. Other than that, I'm not sure what may have changed that has resolved this.

I guess regardless, if it was a CGate communications issue, Circa should have been more graceful, and perhaps helpful in its error reporting.

Is there any log file I can provide that might help determine what was happening?

Thanks for your help anyway Richo.
    Brad.

BradJ, Jul 14, 2006
  12. BradJ

Richo

Some versions of Nortons have firewalls so it is possible that this could have been causing an issue.

Yes, I had logged a issue to have this improved.

Not really.

No probs.

Richo, Jul 17, 2006
Ask a Question