Circa 2.2 Volume control

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Maurits Roos, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I am still having problems with the Circa 2.2 Frame count

If you set up a project in with Circa 2.2 with the default frame count every thing works fine no problems

If you try and increase the frame count after the project has already been saved it saves it in the software but when you down load to the Nirt plate the count appears to stay at 4 when you set up your switch as a bell press the Nirt plate only sends out 4 frames even thou it Is set at 255.

The only way I have successfully been able to increase the frame rate and get it to work is to start a new project.

Drag your IR commands to the appropriate levels or Group addresses then test the Commands that you have increased the frame on and check that the Nirt plate is transmitting for the 255 frames (If you don't test it before you down load to the plate it doesn?t appear to store the frame count increase in the Plate) Then down load to the Nirt plate.

The volume with a bell press now works Fine But a every thin else Turns to crap

If you have been successful in increasing the frame count it appears to work as a global function because every thing else in the project will stay on for what appears to 255 frames unless you issue a 0 command on the bus for the particular group.

You can get around this around this buy setting everything as bell presses or timers because a 0 command is always issued with these functions.

If you are Using logic to do Macros The groups will stay on for the full 255 frames then again a fix for this is to put 0 command after each IR command line in the logic module, if you are using levels when the level change the IR transmit ion stops and you appear to be able to get away with the putting a 0 Command after the last level of your logic macro.

Things really turn to crap when you are using Multi Room Audio with dynamic function of the DLTs as when you press a dynamic function on a DLT you do not have the facility to issue a 0 command afterwards so for all dynamic commands your Nirt plates appear to transmit for the full 255 frames.

If I redo the project using Circa 1 every thing works fine apart from known version 1 issues

In summary My Findings are

If you do not have a need to control volume and all frame rates are set a 4 every thing works perfectly In Circa 2.2

If you have to increase the frame rate you can get away with Circa 2.2 if you use only bell press or Timers

If you are using MRA using the dynamic function and need to control volume Circa 2.2 is virtually unusable all my project where this is the case I have reverted back to Circa version 1

Has one else is have been having the same problems

Maurits Roos, Jan 19, 2007
  2. Maurits Roos

Richo

thanks for the detailed description. I will get "beem" to look into this as he has taken over the majority coding on the Circa and Marpa products.

Richo, Jan 20, 2007
  3. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

Has any progress been made on this problem I understand Tec support listed this problem as a fault some time ago I have a number of sites waiting on a fix

Maurits Roos, May 9, 2007
  4. Maurits Roos

Richo

I'll look into this when I get into work tomorrow.

Richo, May 9, 2007
  5. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

Have been trying out Circa 2.4 the problem with the frame count appears not to have been fixed

If you increase the frame count on an IR command on a channel it increases it for every IR command that is programmed for that Channel on the transmitter. It appears to still be having a global effect on the channel the transmitter will keep transmitting for the full amount of frames or until a 0 command is received.

The only way you can stop it transmitting is if you set it to transmit on both channels and if no command on the second channel has dad the frame count increased, it will stop after 4 frames rather than the 255 that has been set on the volume command on the other channel

This is not too much of an issue if you are doing some basic stuff with bell presses because a 0 command is always issued. But if you are doing a lot of IR control with logic and using DLT with MRA it becomes a nightmare

I reported this problem to initially many mouths ago as I have a number of large projects using a lot of IR control would appreciate some urgent attention to this ongoing problem

Maurits Roos, Sep 10, 2007
  6. Maurits Roos

Mikecull

Also having Volume -+ issue

Can anyone clarify the correct process to get a Vol-+ to transmit 255 framecount. Even though it will transmit on test the downloaded project will still only send 4 framecount when using bell press. (I'm currently using V2.3)

Mikecull, May 8, 2008
Ask a Question