Choices choices choices

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by gazza, Aug 12, 2004.

1. gazza

gazza

I'm thinking about installing HomeGate ... ... vs C-Touch ... vs etc

Homegate can schedule stuff like watering system, scenes, away programs .... but I assume it uses the PC's timeclock. I note is also accessable via http and therefore might be programable via internet across a VPN to a home PC (which might be really useful once in a blue moon), but in anycase programmable on a home Lan from a PC on the same TCP/IP network.

If I install Homegate software on a PC hooked up to the hub and in turn connected to the Lan interface on our c-bus2 bus board, do I have to leave the PC active 24/7 in order to have scheduled events take place at designated times or is there another piece of hardware (a timer?) I need to install on the C-bus board?

Gazza

gazza, Aug 12, 2004
  2. gazza

Duncan

Yes the PC will need to be left active for HomeGate to execute scheduled events.

Duncan, Aug 12, 2004
Ask a Question