Changing output format from Status Port ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Roti, May 7, 2017.

1. Roti

Roti

Hi.

Is there a way to adjust the way the C-Gate Status port provides dimmer level information for on/off events ?

For instance, if you manually query the Command Port with a "get 254/56/XX level", it responds with a string including level value from 0-255 which can be parsed easily.

When you are getting real time feedback from the Status Port, the string includes a level value of 1-254, or "off" instead of 0, and "on" instead of 255.

This has not been an issue for any interface I've worked with, as a few conditional rules can resolve it in most software interfaces, but I'm trying a new control platform which has limited conditional logic options that can be implemented based on feedback.

So is there a way to configure the connection to give Status Port level information as 0-255, rather than off/1-254/on ?

Thanks

Roti, May 7, 2017
  2. Roti

Ashley

The status port outputs messages in the form of commands that you can record and play back which is why you get the ON OFF and RAMP prefixes. I am not aware of anyway this can be changed. I agree it is a bit annoying, considering the help file says the format was designed to make it easy to parse programmatically. Having separate commands for Lighting, Trigger control and Enable control is also a bit annoying since they all generate the same bus commands.

I find it takes less code to handle output directly from a serial interface compared to cgate.

On the other hand, at least they provide the information and document it's format which is more than you can say for a lot of manufacturers :)

Ashley, May 8, 2017
  3. Roti

Roti

OK.

Thanks for the prompt feedback anyway. I thought maybe there was some obvious option I had not thought to read/ask about.

I often try connecting a number of devices/interfaces, so using C-Gate has historically made more sense for me.

R

Roti, May 8, 2017
Ask a Question