Changing a dimmer output level based off light or time of day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deejaycee, Jun 14, 2020.

1. deejaycee

deejaycee

Howdy!

First post!

I have an IR in our bathroom which turns on the lights via a pair of dimmer channels. They currently turn the lights on to 100%, and I have the IR disabled at night - which stops the lights from waking you up, but means the bathroom isn't immuminated.

I was hoping to achieve having the IR enable one of the dimmer channels to come on at a low level, but I am not sure how I could achieve this.

The only idea I have, is that perhaps the IR is set to run a scripted function, that checks the time of day, and if the time of day is deemed to be night (happy to hard code that to 10pm - 7am) that teh output is 5% instead of 100%. This is just me thinking out aloud, I have programming experience in .Net / PHP but not attempted anything with CBUS.

I am hoping that somebody here who has more experience than me could point me in the right direction to achieve the above.

Thanks in advance.

deejaycee, Jun 14, 2020
  2. deejaycee

Ashley

You can just use the "motion in light" to set the lights to 100%, and the "motion in dark" to set them to 5%.
    You just need to set the light level adjustment so "motion in light" triggers during the day, but not when the light is on dimmed at night. The only disadvantage is that it will not retrigger seamlessly when the light is on, so it will time out, turn of,f then turn back on when you move again.

Ashley, Jun 21, 2020
Ask a Question