Change in Unit Types for PIR motion sensor products

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Newman, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Newman

Newman

As of April 2005 the unit types for the C-Bus PIR products have been changed. Formerly all PIR products used the unit type SENPIRSS.

The unit types now are:
    SENPIROA - 5750L Outdoor Infrascan, firmware 1.2.67.
    SENPIRIA - 5751L Indoor Corner Mount Infrascan, firmware 1.2.67.
    SENPIRIB - 5753L Indoor 360 degree Infrascan, firmware 1.2.67.

The change in unit types is intended to allow the 3 different types of unit to be uniquely identified on the network. Previously the above units all looked the same as far as the software was concerned.

With the change in unit type also comes a slight change in behaviour. A mminor firmware update has been included that minimises traffic when multiple PIR units are assigned to the same group address. If the PIR unit is the only unit using that Group Address then the behaviour is identical to the pre-existing unit behaviour.

Toolkit 1.1.6 is required to ensure full support for these new unit types. Both old and new unit types are fully supported in Toolkit.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2005
    Newman, Apr 20, 2005
  2. Newman

Ross

Thanks for the info Newman.

If I could offer a suggestion for the design team, the 5751L is starting to look a little dated in design terms. It could, and this is just my opinion, do with a revamp.
    It was fine years ago but now stuck on the ceiling it looks at clunky.

Could a re-design be considered, maybe miniaturised a tad if nothing else.? It is time.

I do not want to sound critical, just offering some feedback. The "newer" release products have had a makeover and look extremely smart in appearance, could a new surface mount version be considered?

Having DLT?s on the walls and 5751?s on the ceiling does have a clash visually.

Cheers.

Ross, Apr 21, 2005
  3. Newman

penny

change in sensor design

Ross i agree
    This sensor looks like it belongs on an episode of Dr Who
    an IP rated version of the internal surface mounted sensor would be wonderful. :) :) :) :)

penny, Aug 30, 2005
Ask a Question