Change DLT Lable Variant Via Logic

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by xrmichael, Jan 1, 2010.

1. xrmichael

xrmichael

I have been using the following command via HG to change DLT labels:-

SetStringIBSystemIO("Label Group Text", 254, 56, "WIN BED 4", 0, 'Vlux Open');

This has worked fine, until we have alter some other key lables to a custom font size, now the labels changed by HG are at a different size to the rest.

So the question is can the above command be altered to set the font size along with the text.

Or

I have made 2 variants for the group in question 1-Vlux Open 2-Vlux Closed is there a way to make the dlt alter the variant displayed via logic ?

Michael

xrmichael, Jan 1, 2010
  2. xrmichael

ashleigh Moderator

No sir!

If you set a text label you get whatever the font size is.

If you set a custom font / size at commissioning time, its actually loaded into the unit as a bitmap image.

ie.... custom = bitmap image.

standard text = whatever the font + size is that delivers text. Irrespective of where that setting is originated in the network.

ashleigh, Jan 2, 2010
  3. xrmichael

xrmichael

To Recap

Sorry for being a bit slow but the xmas partying has left my head a bit scrambled, to get it straight in my head.

So if you alter the label text via logic with the command above you can only use 1 font and size.

And you cannot get the dlt to swap to a different variant via logic on the fly

xrmichael, Jan 2, 2010
  4. xrmichael

Newman

That's correct.

As Ashleigh says, any custom font size/style is implemented in the DLT as a bitmap. Only the default font size/style is treated as text. When HG bashes out the new label it is sent across the bus as a text string, which the DLT applies the default font/style to when displaying. The DLT has a fairly small processor and having enough memory and grunt to run all the fancy font footwork would definitely push the price up.

You can't switch variants from within HG. It's a Toolkit-commissioning setting in the DLT on a per-unit basis.

Newman, Jan 2, 2010
  5. xrmichael

xrmichael

To recap

And I take it there is no way to alter the default font in the dlt ?

xrmichael, Jan 2, 2010
  6. xrmichael

Newman

Nope, it's compiled into the code that runs in the graphics processor.

Do the public docs for labelling explain how to send a label bitmap over the bus? If so, then you may be able to do it that way.

Newman, Jan 2, 2010
  7. xrmichael

Clinton's Electrical

Hi Guys in Response To the Above Post, i Think What The Chap Is Trying To Do is Similar To Dynamic 1 And Dynamic 2 in The MARPA Software. ThisWOULD Be Handy For Blinds in Future:D.. Changing Subject Anyone Know of A Way To Select A Group Address On A PACA Controller. What i Trying To Do is Set Up 1 Button For Say Eg 10%= GA1 20%=GA2 30%=GA3 Etc... I Have DLT's And Neo's And c2000 Input units And A Paca Controller. Ps GA 1 Is Ir Command FM Tuner GA 2 Is CD GA 3 Is TV Audio Etc All Sent From A NIRT.Thanks Guys And Happy New Year ...:)

Clinton's Electrical, Jan 3, 2010
Ask a Question