Ceiling fan motor

Discussion in 'Standard Products' started by saspa, Aug 17, 2009.

1. saspa

saspa Guest

I'm in the middle of a project where the customer wants to adapt ceiling fans into c-bus, is there an type of motor that would best suit? and waht about dimming the speed, i'm guessing a normal dimmer??

saspa, Aug 17, 2009
  2. saspa

froop

This has been covered many times over on these forums, and to the best of my knowledge there haven't been any major changes in the last couple of years (since I set mine up)

People have had varying levels of success using a standard dimmer, with the main complaint being about noise. And there doesn't seem to be a solid answer on which brands to go for or avoid.

The best (and most expensive) solution is to use 3 relay channels per fan (or two, if you only want two speeds) and a PAC to control the 3 channels in tandem.

I have set up three group address for my master bedroom ceiling fan (MBFan_Lo, MBFan_Med, MBFan_Hi), and use logic behind a key to toggle the three relay stages between Off/Low/Med/High.

froop, Aug 17, 2009
Ask a Question