Cbus2 not entering learn mode

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BeachLyf, Oct 9, 2021.

1. BeachLyf

BeachLyf

255F0A8B-BC9D-40D0-B335-EEA531E2C189.jpeg Hi there. Sorry in advance, I’m a newbie to this - but I recently moved into a house which has a cbus system. I worked out how to program things and was going ok with it all until one of the systems (the dimmer one) suddenly stopped going into “learn” mode.

Is there any reason for why that would be? The others all blink and go into learn mode normally when I hold down one of the buttons for 10 seconds - but the dimmer one stopped doing it.

I don’t have the ability to use the software to make changes. Any thoughts?

BeachLyf, Oct 9, 2021
  2. BeachLyf

Ashley

Did it stop going into learn mode, or did you just notice it wasn't going into learn mode? Learn mode can be disabled in each device so it may have been set up this way initially.

I've never seen learn mode spontaneously disable itself. I assume to dimmer is still working correctly apart from that?

That being said, learn mode is a bit of a pain and it's really easy to stuff things up. If you really want to modify the setup, install a PC interface (they appear regularly on Ebay for under $200), download (the free) Toolkit software and then you have complete control. There is a bit of a learning curve, but basic stuff isn't really that hard.

Ashley, Oct 9, 2021
Ask a Question