CBus2 components in Old CBus1 networks

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by halford, Aug 3, 2004.

1. halford

halford

Have people experienced problems putting new CBus2 components into old Cbus1 networks?

I have experienced a number of problems particularly with the old twisted pair wiring spec. (not CAT5) giving poor network scans and needing more than 1 network burden installed.

When the CBus2 components are removed from the old network, everything works fine.

Interested in other people's experiences.....

halford, Aug 3, 2004
  2. halford

UncleDick

Depends what V2 units you are refering to,

The DIN range of relays and dimmers will not work with the network burden on the 5100PC so if you are using these together you will need to disable the burden on the PCI and either use a plug-in burden of enable the software burden on the DIN unit.

Many of the later C-bus key inputs use more power (22mA rather than 18mA) so you could inadvertantly run out of Power if you don't take this into account (using the C-bus Calculator will highlight this).

UncleDick, Aug 5, 2004
  3. halford

halford

Power appears to be fine on the network. I've already replaced the PC interface for a DIN rail unit. Inserting the v2/DIN rail relay unit into the v1 network definitely effects the network.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this impact?

halford, Aug 8, 2004
Ask a Question