CBus wall switch button light to stay on whilst switch is on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Newbie to CBus, Apr 6, 2023.

1. Newbie to CBus

Newbie to CBus

Hi All,

New to CBus here and bumbling my way through learning this as was already set up in the house. I've just had to replace a fan and have managed to set the 2 switches on the wall switch to the light and the fan (one switch where you can cycle through High, Med, Low fan speed). When I turn the light on the button stays illuminated until I turn it off. However when I press the fan button the light very briefly comes on then off again.

I have fans in other rooms and the button light stays on until the fan is switched off, letting me know that it is actually turned off.

I can't figure out how to make the new fan switch stay on whilst the fan is on or see any differences in the Unit identification window between the working fan switches and the new fan one. Am I missing a simple 'Illuminate whilst on' option? Or a drop down somewhere for this to occur?

Thanks

Newbie to CBus, Apr 6, 2023
  2. Newbie to CBus

Conformist

Glad to see you are embracing C-Bus :)
    If you are controlling a single group address for the low/medium/high (sounds like you are), if you set the indicator to follow the state of the group address, it should be on as long as the group is not off. Depending on the type of switch, you should see a dialogue box something like this...
    upload_2023-4-6_13-5-20.png
    'Status On' under style is what you should be looking to set (like in LED's 2, 3 and 4 in this example)

Conformist, Apr 6, 2023
  3. Newbie to CBus

Newbie to CBus

Thanks for the reply! It's a lot to embrace......
    I have looked at that dialogue box, however only LED 1 and LED 2 are present (only a dual wall switch), they are both set to Status (on) and Orange, I can change the on colour of the light, it briefly illuminates when the button is pushed, but the duration of the light whilst the fan is on I can't seem to change....
    When I turn the switch on, it briefly flashes orange or blue (whatever I've set it to at the time) but then goes off almost straight away even though the fan is on, when cycling through fan speeds with each time the button is pushed it will illuminate briefly then go off

Newbie to CBus, Apr 6, 2023
Ask a Question