CBus Training

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ian2013, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Ian2013

Ian2013

Hi Guys.. First Time post..

I am from Ireland and would liel to do a cbus training course. Can anyone recommend where i might go to do this? I assume ( after looking ) there are no places in Ireland. Perhaps somewhere in the Uk? Or is there a self teaching method?

Any advice greatly appreciated... :)

Ian2013, Jan 23, 2013
  2. Ian2013

Newman

Newman, Mar 11, 2013
  3. Ian2013

bmerrick

Hi Ian,

I suppose it depends on whether it is for your own home use, or your boss wants you 'trained up' to support a big client.

If it's the latter, I'm certain the best and only 'real training' is in Adelaide, Australia, after also visiting the extensive Clipsal training facilities provided in Sydney, Melbourne, Uluru and possibly the Gold Coast beach areas to gain extra 'experience'. I'll happily shout you a beer after some 'free training' in Sydney when you get here. :)

Otherwise, if your boss is stingy or its for your own development, you may be able to find a course in the UK if you look really hard. (..........call Schneider Electric Training on 0870 608 8 608 to ask, as it's not currently listed as a course on their site)

All the best,

Brad

bmerrick, Mar 12, 2013
  4. Ian2013

Matthew

play with it

I taught myself by sticking it in my own house, I'm a hands on learner so it worked well for me.
    Start by getting a pc interface, a few switches, a PIR sensor and a relay / dimmer, wire it up to some lights and program it on your work bench.
    After you've got that then do a touch screen or PACA.

Matthew, Mar 15, 2013
Ask a Question