CBUS Toolkit Network Error - 32mA more power required

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by raptor, Apr 15, 2019.

1. raptor

raptor

Hi there.

I am new to CBUS, however previously I did have CBUS toolkit working.

When I log in to the toolkit, and click on Network, on that status result it has":

"32 mA more power required"

I have a 5500CN2 for CAT5 connectivity, it has its own power supply and on status tab of it has C-Bus Voltage as 34.2 V and green on Clock Gen Active and Burden Active.

On the network this is plugged in to a 12 Channel Relay (RELDN12), and on its status it has C-Bus voltage of 34.7 V, and a green on the Line/Mains Present.

I currently only have circuits on it, and I do not have any light switches plugged in.

Can I ask, how to I resolve this more power required? What is the cause?

Attached Files:

raptor, Apr 15, 2019
  2. raptor

Wonkey

You need to ensure you data base units are correct.
    Relays come in powered and unpowered
    Ensure you database shows the correct one

Wonkey, Apr 15, 2019
  3. raptor

Ashley

To elaborate a bit, the 12 channel relay without a power supply is an L5512RVFP. With a 200mA power supply it is a L5512RVF. The P suffix tells you it does NOT have a power supply (Don't ask!). Toolkit cannot tell between the 2 units so if you just scanned the network it would appear as an unpowered unit. Just change the name in the database.

Also, the 5500CN2 has it's own power supply but this just supplies the ethernet side. The 5500CN2 does not provide power to the cbus network. It draws 32mA which is what you are seeing. Mains powered oupput units do not draw any power from the cbus network when powered up even if they are without the 200mA power supply.

Ashley, Apr 15, 2019
  4. raptor

Mr Mark

It's engineering speak - "P" for passive.
    "P" for powered would have made more sense...

Mr Mark, Apr 15, 2019
Ask a Question