CBUS Thermostats - Daikin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rodgo, Jul 17, 2009.

1. rodgo

rodgo

Has anyone intergrated a CBUS thermostat with there Daikin air/heating system. I cant seem to get a straight answer from anyone. Currently this is what i understand.

1. Daikin can provide CBUS interface cards which are intalled into there systems.
    2. Cbus thermostats can turn the units on and off but not control the temp
    3. Cbus Touchscreens can also control the Daikin Power but not Temp.

Can anyone help as i am about to install 3 seperate Daikin units and need a CBUS compatible solution.

thanks in advanced

rodgo, Jul 17, 2009
  2. rodgo

fleetz

I think you will find the C-Bus interface is a relay interface board that swiches the unit on or off. I have multi head split systems and this is all I was able to get out of Daikin. The relay boards are located at the head ends.

I actually used a Ness MIG HA controller to the on/off functions. Daikin do some commerical units with higher level of control but I don't believe it is C-Bus compatible.

I spent a lot of time getting this sorted with Daikin and their dealer....I found that I finished up educating them about their product rather than the other way around. So I know your frustration.

I am not sure about the C-Bus thermostats controlling the Daikins, I suppose if they have a dry contact you could connect to the relay interface board you would have teh set point on the unit to say 20C so the C-Bus thermo switches the unt on and off until the C-Bus set point is reached.

I will leave it to others to comment on the C-Bus Thermoatats just thought I would feedback my Daikin experience.

Regards,

Fleetz

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2009
    fleetz, Jul 17, 2009
Ask a Question