CBUS system after power failure

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by polerz, Jun 24, 2014.

1. polerz

polerz

hi all

I have a CBUS system installed in my home, few dimmer / relay modules with a colour touch screen. I use it to control lighting only.

After a power failure (or after I switch the mains myself), certain lights in the house come back as on even if they were off prior to the power failure. This is a real problem, as about 90 lights in the house turn on after power is restored.

I have looked at the power failure tab in toolkit for each switch and selected restore to previous levels (previously they were set to restore to restore to preset levels with all levels to 0%).

Is there anything else I need to do?

polerz, Jun 24, 2014
  2. polerz

ashleigh Moderator

You need to check the relays / dimmers vs the input units (buttons / sensors); as power on behaviour should general use one (ie relays / dimmers) or the other but not both.

If both have power on behaviour set you can have troubles due to the resulting fights over who thinks they are in the right.

I'd suggest all power on behaviour in buttons / sensors be disabled and only use relays / dimmers.

ashleigh, Jun 24, 2014
  3. polerz

polerz

Where is this option for the dimmers/relay modules in toolkit?

polerz, Jun 24, 2014
  4. polerz

rikaussie

Recovery Tab.

rikaussie, Jun 25, 2014
  5. polerz

polerz

so there's two options with the buttons, restore to previous levels or restore to preset level. I selected restore to preset level and set them as 0%.

In the recovery tab for the modules, there is an option to check the channel check box which when checked restores it to previous level, when unchecked restores it to a preset level. I unchecked and set every channel to 0%.

Having changed all this, I flicked mains power off for 5 seconds and back on again. All lights were off prior to switching mains off, when mains came back the same lights were on that always come on during power restoration.

Is there a setting I'm missing here?

polerz, Jun 25, 2014
  6. polerz

Roosta

Nearly guarantee its the touchscreen.. Turn all the lights off and then reboot the touchscreen and see if it does it again..

I have a few sites where this is a problem..

Roosta, Jun 25, 2014
  7. polerz

polerz

Oh OK I'll try that.. Is it some specific setting in the touch screen which is causing this ?

polerz, Jun 26, 2014
  8. polerz

Roosta

I have never spent the time diggin into it but i believe it has something to do with either resuming schedules logic or scenes......

Maybe someone in the know can advise as I would also like to know...

Roosta, Jun 26, 2014
  9. polerz

polerz

This happens every time tho... I set the screen about a day or so before I turned off power tho.. Also its not scenes that come on when power resumes.. Its random channels

polerz, Jun 26, 2014
  10. polerz

ero

Are you still having this problem? If so, is it just the lights on Relay's?
    This happens to me and may have a workaround for you.

ero, Mar 7, 2015
Ask a Question