CBUS Switches Not Working After Power Outage

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by smcleod, Oct 22, 2018.

1. smcleod

smcleod

Hi

I have had CBUS running in my house since it was installed 2.5 years ago. Today after a power outage, some switches/sensors do not control the lights. I can switch the lights on manually at the dimmer/relay with no issue. The diagnosis in the toolkit shows good voltages everywhere, clock etc ok. The application log shows when a group is turned on or off by the switch, but the relevant relay/dimmer isn't switched when that occurs.

I can see all devices in the toolkit, and open and edit and save them.

Nothing changed except that power went out for 30 mins. Have had power out previously and it's all just come back without a problem.
    Also interesting to note, where a switch has a fan on the same unit, the fan works but the light doesn't, and given the log entries, it looks like the switches are communicating fine.

I am at a loss, the switches are a combination of eDLT + 30 series mechs. Some switches are working, others are not. Nothing obvious or common about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

smcleod, Oct 22, 2018
  2. smcleod

smcleod

Also the cbus lights on all the relays/dimmers are normal, and the switches are normal led colour - ie no multi coloured flashing

smcleod, Oct 22, 2018
  3. smcleod

smcleod

This is also not limited to a specific dimmer/relay. ie some lights on the dimmer get switched with the switches and others do not. the wiser reflects the light switch status - ie if i turn on a light the wiser widget shows this, but the light doesn't switch on. same if i switch from the wiser, the switch shows on, but the actual lights don't turn on

smcleod, Oct 22, 2018
  4. smcleod

DarylMc

Have you looked at the CGate logs.
    C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\logs

DarylMc, Oct 22, 2018
  5. smcleod

smcleod

attached the most recent log

Attached Files:

smcleod, Oct 22, 2018
  6. smcleod

DarylMc

Is there a network bridge on the site?
    I am not familiar with some of the things going on there.
    Maybe someone else will have a look.

DarylMc, Oct 22, 2018
  7. smcleod

NickD Moderator

Are there any logic group assignments in the output devices?

NickD, Nov 5, 2018
  8. smcleod

Trevor

The above issue could be caused by a faulty transmit cicuit in the 5080CTC Color Touch Screen.
    This is a common fault caused by the age of the unit. These units can still be repaired by Arbor Australia. We were the original manufacturer of the units for Clipsal. i have attached our RMA form that is used to provide use with all the information we need to proccess your repair. I have also provided my contact details if you need to contact me directly.

Symptoms of the transmit error....
    The Color Touch Screen can see all activity on the C-bus network but will not transmit commands to any devices when a control on the Color touch screen is pressed. This may happen all of a sudden or progressivly get worse with time. This fault causes the C-bus voltage to drop to a low level, if you disconnect the color touch from the C-bus network and the voltage is ok, this indicates it is most likely this fault causing the problem.

Note:- All 5080CTC Color Touch Screens CTC1, CTC2 and CTC3, can still be Serviced/Repaired by us. Any Spectrum B/W units can still be repaired by Schneider-Electric directly.

Regards,

Trevor Callaghan

Workshop Technician
    Arbor Australia Pty Ltd

Unit 1/72 Bayfield Rd
    Bayswater North

Victoria 3153 Australia

Mobile : 0404 887 463

Phone : +61 3 8736 0328

Fax : +61 3 8736 0325
    Email : [email protected]

Attached Files: