CBUS still popular / good for residential in 2020 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by countach, Jul 10, 2020.

1. countach

BSS

It has been been regularly increasing its pricing wether you see anything new or not . It's a trait introduced and adhered to from day one of the product release.

BSS, Aug 26, 2020
  2. countach

countach

What is a DALI 2 gateway? Is that the same as the "DALI Gateway for 2 Dali Networks", is that the ethernet bridge? I have the original ethernet bridge, and it's been a bit problematic, I was thinking I might need to upgrade to the 2nd version, but is this "DALI 2 gateway" a newer version of that? What does DALI mean in c-bus talk?

countach, Aug 26, 2020
  3. countach

NickD Moderator

DALI stands for Digital Addressable Lighting Interface. It's a different bus system for controlling dimmable lighting.

There has been a C-Bus DALI gateway for controlling DALI lights for many many years, the new DALI-2 gateway is a new version of this, certified to the latest DALI standards.

It's a completely different device to the C-Bus Network Interface (aka "CNI"), which is the "ethernet bridge" you would be referring to.

Nick

NickD, Aug 27, 2020
Ask a Question