CBus Scenes

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by shanede, Nov 5, 2019.

1. shanede

shanede

Hi,

I have install with over 100 groups, the goodnight scene is expected to turn off the majority of the lights and keep some on. I managed to reduce the required groups int he scene to 105.

I have 99 groups in one scene and 5 groups in the 2nd scene ( these are blinds that I had hoped to excluded) and I am controlling them with the same trigger, this all works however the project does generate a warning. I know its not strictly advisable to have a trigger control more than one scene but will this cause any issues .

thanks

shanede, Nov 5, 2019
  2. shanede

Wonkey

Warning are there to high light possible issues.
    Could you state what the warning says please, to allow forum members to give you a bit better advive.
    Colin

Wonkey, Nov 5, 2019
  3. shanede

shanede

Sorry.

the warning from the project is

Warning 100
    CAUSE : The project has scenes which have the same trigger. This means that several scenes will be triggered at once, which is usually undesirable.
    SOLUTION : Edit the scenes to change one or more of the trigger

However in my instance it is desirable as I have over 100 groups to control. I assumed this was more informational as opposed to an actual problem.

shanede, Nov 5, 2019
  4. shanede

Wonkey

OK
    So what I suggest you do is to cascade your scenes hence the scene trigger for of the next scene is the last event in the first scene.
    The issue that you really need to avoid is excessive traffic on the network.
    The first way is to use the area address inside output units, the area address will change the state of all GA's on that output unit in the same way, possibly all OFF.
    So if this large scene of yours is an All off scene any outputs that you want all the GA's turned off can share the same area address hence reducing traffic. If there are a few output that don't match this condition then add their group addresses to the scene
    If this is not the case then cascading the scenes would be preferable, make 3 scenes with about the same number of GA's, then the last group address pulses the next scenes trigger group to a dummy level say 255 then after a couple of second returns to the desired action selector to actually trigger the next scene.
    Doing this should help with excessive traffic. You may still have a warning about cascading scenes but you have controlled the network traffic.
    Colin

Wonkey, Nov 6, 2019
  5. shanede

shanede

Thanks Colin.

I'll have a look at the area address that may be a good option, there are about 20 groups that need to be excluded or turned on, but there would be a few 12 channel relays that could be grouped into area. Else I will look at splitting the scenes.

shanede, Nov 6, 2019
Ask a Question