CBUS Random Lights Trigger

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by GAKA, Feb 1, 2021.

1. GAKA

GAKA

Hi All,

Currently running a latest install to a project where we have the following systems in place.

CBUS Modules "Dimmer, Relays, Shutter Relays, EDLTS, sensors and so on"
    SHAC
    Ness M1

i am experiencing random light triggers with lights randomly turning on and off.

after running the CBUS diagnostic Tool i have found the below issues that dont seem normal.

if i trigger a scene on an EDLT which is supposed to turn off most of the lights on a goodnight scene
    the SHAC being unit 8 is turning off external garden lights even though they are not within the scene manager of the EDLT.

also if i trigger a scene on another EDLT which is supposed to set an evening scene "hallway lights set to 25% and other lights to off"
    the M1 being unit 38 is turning on the hallway pendant back on to 100% then off to 0 and then back on to 100%

can someone please help and advise to why such a thing is happening.

Regards George.

Attached Files:

GAKA, Feb 1, 2021
  2. GAKA

Ashley

Check what version of the M1 Cbus module you are using. Versions prior to 3 had a serious bug that wouldn't handle concatenated cbus commands (used for scenes) and you would get problems like these.

If it's V 3, then check to make sure every cbus lighting group address is defined in the M1. If the M1 receives a cbus group address that it doesn't know about it can also do strange stuff.

You could start by just disconnecting the M1 from Cbus and seeing if the problem goes away.

Ashley, Feb 1, 2021
Ask a Question