Cbus power supply issue

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by BMills, Dec 11, 2019.

1. BMills

BMills

Hey all

I'm currently trying to fault find an existing cbus network that randomly crashed 2 days ago. Been tracing out possible cabling/ faulty units but each time I get up to 60 units the system crashes. The system will load up at 59 units but goes down if anymore units are connected.

Anyone had this problem before ?

BMills, Dec 11, 2019
  2. BMills

chromus

which version of Toolkit are you running? Have you checked the ram/cpu status on the machine running toolkit?

I've been chasing faults on a clients system for a week, there are badly crimped cables everywhere in the panels and this is giving completely different symptoms to what you describe.

chromus, Dec 11, 2019
  3. BMills

Conformist

Is it the same 59 units each time or are you connecting different 'legs' of the network and different units? Can you see the voltage of the units that are scanning in Toolkit? If so, is this voltage at an acceptable level (>24V)? If you are seeing voltages around this level on units when the network is scanning OK, then your power supply is marginal. You mentioned all was OK before so maybe a power supply has failed if you are (now) seeing this issue.

Conformist, Dec 11, 2019
Ask a Question