CBus Pascal Unit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brj, May 12, 2006.

1. brj

brj

Hi guys I was wondering if you have the Pascal logic unit (with USB? ) interface on it - what need is there for the ethernet gateway for system programming?

Would most people deploying the Pascal unit still deploy the ethernet gateway if looking to integrate other devices with CBUS?

Sorry don't have the product codes to hand otherwise I"d list them

Many thanks.

brj, May 12, 2006
  2. brj

Richo

The PAC unit can only operate as a PCI or as a PAC not both at the same time. Even during commissioning you may find it handy to have a PCI/CNI as well so you can monitor the behaviour of the system with the PAC running. If you want to permantly connect a device to the PAC then you basically endup with an expensive PCI so I wouldn't do that.

Richo, May 12, 2006
  3. brj

brj

So CNI better option to pair with a PAC

Thanks for that Richo - so probably the CNI would be a better thing to use given you can use anywhere on the ethernet network to get to to it....

Do you also know if the PAC has all the timer functionality that the separate 7 day clock can provide ie: if you've got a PAC then you don't need a timer as well?

Cheers

BRJ

brj, May 12, 2006
  4. brj

Richo

Yep, sounds good.

Sorry I don't know, maybe someone else can confirm this.

Richo, May 15, 2006
Ask a Question