Cbus intergration with Bosch Solution 64 Alarm System

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by cbuskid, Oct 16, 2011.

1. cbuskid

cbuskid

Hello,

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'm after some information on how to integrate my Bosch solution 64 alarm panel to CBus. Are there any Cbus documents or tutorial available or examples?

What components do I need to install for both system to talk to each other?

I have a simple cbus system setup comprising:

- Standard switches 5034NL, 5031NL, 5032NL
    - 12 Channel Relay with C-Bus Power Supply L5512RVF and Channel Relay with C-Bus Power Supply L5508RVF
    - Network Interface 5500CN
    I am after some simple integration - I have numerous alarm PIR motion detectors around the home and would like them, when triggered, to turn on lights etc.
    How do I go about this in toolkit? How do I setup the group addresses? What application type do I use? etc.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Cbuskid

cbuskid, Oct 16, 2011
  2. cbuskid

Ashley W

You could do it with a coupler, though to be honest your better off not integrating them at all. The reason is the options available to you using a coupler are very limited. To do things like turning a light on for a given period of time you would then have to use scenes in another device etc.

At the end of the day your better off buy c-bus PIR's and keep them separate and get all the programing advantages that native C bus PIR's offer and keeping your alarm system seperate.

Ashley W, Oct 16, 2011
Ask a Question