Cbus integration with hills reliance 24 alarm

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jdebellis, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Jdebellis

Jdebellis

Hi guys. I can see that there are interface panels available for ness alarms to integrate with a cbus system.

Does anyone know is there is an interface board available for a hills reliance 24 panel to integrate with cbus

Googled but can't find anything ?

On a side note, I've tried playing with toolkit on my cbus to do some programming, but really, toolkit I guess should only be used by someone trained. It looks a tad complicated and I don't want to stuff anything up. Any good electricians you can recommend in the Beverly hills area Sydney who can do programming - not much, probably only very minimal ? Prefer someone who knows alarms, hills home hub, and cbus and electrical as if I get someone out might ask for some advice on adding more bits to the cbus and lighting and alarm, and more integration, with a view to perhaps in the future expanding the system. Happy to pay someone for their time to program, plus for their time to share some knowledge and advice on what more I can do with the system.

Jdebellis, Sep 25, 2012
  2. Jdebellis

tobex

If you get the CBUS coupler (tiny little thing) and some relays in the alarm panel then any alarm panel in the world can be made CBUS compatible.

Having interface boards is often seen as a magic bullet but it really doesn't introduce anything which isn't possible with open collector logic. Just go with hard logic gating. It only fails when the alarm panel stops working.

tobex, Sep 26, 2012
  3. Jdebellis

slychiu

Technically true, but the number of wires and connections is less reliable and limiting compared to a data interface

With a Cbus-enabled Alarm you can do much more, like switching on selected Cbus lights when an alarm motion sensor is activated based on time of day or whether the system is armed, control your lights and appliances differently when armed to Away or Night modes, use Wiser or Ctouch to arm and disarm the security system using the actual alarm PIN codes, etc

It allows for a much better integrated and intelligent home

slychiu, Sep 27, 2012
  4. Jdebellis

tobex

Why would I want my alarm panel doing all that ?

tobex, Oct 1, 2012
Ask a Question