Cbus installation in HK ? - help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mac, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Mac

Mac

Gutting and renovating a small place; 500 Sqft and would like to do Cbus.

I got no experience and wonder how i would go about; dont mind to use a consultant or installer etc; if they exist in Hong Kong ?. How do i find one if so ?.

If not; i can probably import all myself and install with my electrician (or do you recommend against it and choosing something available locally ?).

Schneider dont seem to offer a lot of help with Cbus here...

Thx !

Mac, Dec 27, 2009
  2. Mac

Newman

If possible it's best if you persist with the Schneider/Clipsal office in Hong Kong. There are several people who know plenty about C-Bus and they do have technical support staff.

Failing that, you can always work out what's required yourself and then just get a regular electrician to come and install everything to your requirements. There's loads of information available for download from the Clipsal website. I'd start with the Traning Manuals. There are multiple documents under Basic, Intermediate and Advanced courses and they're all freely available for download. They cover lots of suff, plenty more than you'll likely need for your apartment install. :)

The website also includes a FAQ section.

Another option may be that one or two of the C-Bus Integrators have offices or contacts up your way and may be able to lend a hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
    Newman, Dec 28, 2009
  3. Mac

Tim1212

C BUS Engineering

We are the CBUS installation partner with Schneider HK. If you have any problem. if feel fee to contact me.

Tim1212, Jan 23, 2010
  4. Mac

Mac

Daikin air-con control ? - Card ?

OK; i got Clipsal HK to order parts needed (via Cbus installer).

Dimmer, Relays, 1-10v dimming, panels, PIR etc etc.
    Small place but should be fun :)

Anyway, problem now is if i can or cannot control the aircon's;
    (Split type)
    FTXD60F/RXD60B X 1 set (2.5Hp),
    FTXD35D/RXD35D X 1 set(1.5Hp)

I dont go for the VRV etc as it cost more then double and small place).
    Cbus installer says there is no good solution unless i go with Pronto or Crestron etc.
    If so i can use the Daikin card (think it is KRP413AIS = the external one).

Now; Daikin here say it should work (they mean without Pronto, Crestron etc).
    I guess they are wrong and dont have all info related to Cbus or ?.

Does anyone know ?. I am told they have sent the card to Australia for testing.

If the card does not work; i assume my second best solution is to go for IR control (simple on/off; not as good since i am told Daikin aircons dont have discrete on/off; but better then nothing).

Thx for help !. :)

Ps. Should i do anything for future proofing if card will work later; they are not that expensive...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
    Mac, Mar 2, 2010
  5. Mac

fleetz

The Daikin card will work without Pronto or Crestron. All you need is a dry contact closure to switch the split system head on or off. Just be aware it is very basic no intelligence so it in a closure to switch it on and another closure for off.

You can get the status via an open collector output on the card but it is a bit messy as you have to supply external 12VDC from memory to get the status from the card. I will visit this soon as I would like my automation system to know if a head is on or off.

I did a lot of head banging as Daikin support was really thin, I finished knowing more than them which is frustrating when you want answers to simple questions. Once I got the installation instructions it made sense.

Anyway the interface is working on 3 heads here without an issue. I have them buried in walls behind the units. Cat5 cable back to a relay on my Ness M1 system, of course you could use a C-Bus relay just take care of all the segregation issues.

Fleetz

fleetz, Mar 4, 2010
  6. Mac

Newman

If only a dry contact closure is required, the 8-channel ELV relay (L5108RELVP) would be a good product to use. It's more channels than you really need but it's still probably quite cost effective.

Another option would be a 5102RVF however it's a much older product.

Newman, Mar 4, 2010
  7. Mac

Krondor

Daikin cotrol

The question is, what functions do you need to control in the air conditioning system from your C-Bus home automation.

If you need only turning the units on and off, you need to install KRP413 to each indoor unit.

If you like to acieve a better control (with feedback), like mode switching and temperature control, you will need to purchase KRP928 interface.

With this inteface you can provide a full control over indoor unit.

When you have this, the link to C-bus can be done by original Daikin gateways (like Lon, Bacnet or I-touch with Web function),
    or you may google for third party devices, such as CoolMaster, that can easily integarte it into your C-Bus network.

Krondor, Mar 8, 2010
  8. Mac

Mac

IR Codes ?

Card works great; On/Off and i can view the power state on Wiser etc.

Anyway, my installer says he cant get the IR codes to take by Cbus (i.e. card only doing On/Off, and then idea is to use IR to control functions/temp etc).
    Something about 3 numbers (commands) not possible to learn by Cbus ?.

Is this correct (someone know what they mean).
    If not possible; nothing to do... :confused: :)

Mac, May 29, 2010
  9. Mac

Newman

Sorry Mac but that's just not enough information to go on.

Newman, Jun 7, 2010
Ask a Question