CBUS Heating Issue - Need Help!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by crunch, Oct 17, 2016.

1. crunch

crunch

I have an issue with CBus Heating, so a quick background, electrical contractor, very competent with home automation and lighting controls, we install CBus and have done projects large and small with no issues. Mostly lighting and power control.

A recent project required lighting/power/heating control. Customer is a bit awkward and doesn't want any wi-fi or wireless equipment so we ended up doing heating on the CBus which we don't normally do! (Normally we'd put controls to heating engineers kit, or it's dealt with separately, or Nest!) this customers heating is INFRARED PANELS so all heating is simply turning relays on/off.

I was told I could put a temperature sensor in every room (he didn't want traditional style thermostats) and then we can turn on the infrared panel heaters in each room via the temp sensors.

In theory this works fine, temperature sensor controls a relay with a threshold no problem. We will be programming this tomorrow and I'm confident it should do this part fine and the heating will do it's own thing.

However what it doesn't do is the following;

1. you can't see the room temperature anywhere

2. you can't adjust the heating set point. i.e if we set it to 20 degree the customer can't easily adjust that to 19 degrees without going through tool kit!!

Customer is understandably not happy with this.

I've been told it's down to logic now, and i'll be honest we've never got involved with logic! I can't get a straight answer from anyone on how to do it, support said they "don't support logic".

I can see from this thread that I can get readings from the temperature sensors and display them in Wiser2. However it appears I'd have to change the setting type of the 5031RDTSL so then whilst I'd see the temperatures in Wiser, it won't turn the heating on/off as required.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10022

I'm guessing we then need some "if this, then do that" type code?

Has anyone done this before and able to help me out with the logic or point me in the right direction?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
    crunch, Oct 17, 2016
  2. crunch

crunch

OK so with this thread I think I might just about understand how to do the if statement to turn heating on/off depending on the reading from the temperature. I assume I first set up the measurement panel etc etc from the first thread I linked to, then I follow onto this?

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6182&highlight=display+temperature+wiser

Would I need to write this same code repeated for every room/relay scenario?

I assume yes but wanted to double check!!

I don't understand the group address adjustment of heating, I assume again that this is the solution I need but haven't figured out how that element works yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2016
    crunch, Oct 17, 2016
  3. crunch

Conformist

A couple of questions if I may... Do you have eDLT switches in the rooms? What logic device do you intend to use? The eDLTs will enable you to display and change the set points for the heating and display the temperature if so desired

Conformist, Oct 18, 2016
  4. crunch

crunch

Hi, there are eDLT's in three out of 7 rooms.

There is also a Wiser2 on site so we can do logic from that.

Ideally I only want 1 set point across all of the rooms, not individually. And it's fine if the control is from one location. Ideally we'd display the local room temp on the eDLT if it's easy, but it must be on the Wiser2 app.

I've added the E5031RDTSL's to my project, set to measurement and added them to measurement on PICED.

Then I created the system I/O for each temp sensor.

In Logic I added the bits I found from another thread and then created a Logic Widget in Widget manager.

I'm off to site in a minute and hopefully that'll display the temperature in Wiser. fingers crossed.

However that's where I'm then stuck really. Not sure how to do anything with that temperature figure, I'm going to try and follow another thread but it completely overlooks how to set the SETPOINT group(s)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2016
    crunch, Oct 18, 2016
Ask a Question