Cbus error 3050

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desmond, May 4, 2018.

1. Desmond

Desmond

Hi , i am doing a school project on cbus but everytime i connect my cbus to the computer it says, error 3050 com4 not found. Im not good in any programming but is this because my computer cant support it ? How do i fix it. Im currently using version 1.15.3. I need some help please

Desmond, May 4, 2018
  2. Desmond

Ashley

You need to find out which com port the cbus interface is connected to and tell Toolkit that. You don't say how you are connecting to the interface. Is it a USB interface, a serial interface connected to a physical serial port or are you using a USB to serial adapter? If you are using a cheap USB to serial adapter the com port assigned can change every time you plug it it. You need to open device manager, look under Ports and find the port number assigned to the cbus interface. Then open Toolkit, double click on your local network and select this serial port and try scanning the network again.

Ashley, May 5, 2018
Ask a Question