CBUS Doorbell Operator

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by muppets, Mar 30, 2008.

1. muppets

muppets

Don't know if anyone has ever requested b4 but a door bell type input would complement our installations very well (you know the backlight door bell buttons).

I understand I could use a hidden input unit behind a standard momentary door bell button however a backlite one would be great so that people could find the button easily at night.

Even an architrave type input would be ok though if it looks like a switch people might be reluctant to push it thinking it is for outside lights (during the day people wouldn't see sense in pushing a light switch).

Any thoughts from anyone who used anything for this type of system?

I would like to interface it with the c-touch for sound output and to turn a light on after dark.:cool:

muppets, Mar 30, 2008
  2. muppets

znelbok

I mentioned something along those lines in the whats missing thread in the form of an intercom system.

With C-bus wireless you could easily have two versions - a wired and non wired running on batteries. I like the idea, but what are you going to do with it, C-Bus does not have a audio output of sorts unless you are using the MRA and if not then what solution do you use. You can triggers lights with it if course, but then it becomes an outdoor light switch.

Take a single gang key input and pull it apart. I have read somewhere that someone did that and was using the LED's as a trigger for something. Cant see why you couldn't rig something up to use a standard bell press type switch to activate on the normal C-Bus switch

Mick

znelbok, Mar 30, 2008
  3. muppets

CC&C

I know that this isn't strictly what you are after but as an idea:

New 250V Saturn Range

You would need an interposing relay and then a bus coupler for it to work with C-Bus, don't think it would be suitable for "outside" though.

Should have added that wiring can be different ways, depending on what you need:

Wiring

Cheers, cc&c.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
    CC&C, Mar 31, 2008
Ask a Question