CBUS control via C-bus PCI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by bglee2496, Jan 12, 2016.

1. bglee2496

bglee2496

Hi All
    I'm very new to CBUS programming and I wanted to start with some simple commands using using something like Hyperterminal etc.

I was wondering if anyone has done this and can give me some quick step to do a simple light on command.
    I have the Quick start guide but for a first time user I'm not sure how to go about some of the example commands
    I understand a simple transmit command and I understand using the group number in the command line but I don't understand what I put in for the checksum and confirmation character.

Regards
    Brian

bglee2496, Jan 12, 2016
  2. bglee2496

Ashley

Ashley, Jan 12, 2016
  3. bglee2496

rhamer

Hi Brian,

as Ashley said, everything you need to know about implementing the basic protocol is in the quick start guide. However it seems your problem is understanding some of the protocol concepts such as how to calculate the checksum and what the confirmation character is used for.

Can you post an example of what you do understand and then we can go from there.

Also if you post your attempt at controlling a real group address in your house, then we can work with that as well.

And lastly please describe how you are connecting to C-Bus from your PC just so we know that is correct. e.g. PC ( Win XP hyperterminal) -> Serial PCI -> C-Bus.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Jan 20, 2016
Ask a Question