CBus control Homekit rather Homekit control CBUS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deejaycee, Jun 14, 2020.

1. deejaycee

deejaycee

Howdy,

Via C-Gate & Apple homekit, I have CBUS and my roller blinds all controllable via Homekit. This doesn't give me any additional functionailty, because the Wiser2 app, and the Roller Acmeda blind app already has that covered.

BUT - what I want to be able to do is to use one of the buttons on my Saturn switch to open, or close my blinds. Everthing I find online talks about people using Homekit to push commands to CBUS, or to allow integrations (say Alexa -> Homekit -> Cbus) but I would like to do the reverse, Cbus -> Homekit -> Blinds

Has anybody had any experience in having CBUS push commands TO Homekit?

TIA.

deejaycee, Jun 14, 2020
  2. deejaycee

Shiney2512

I’ve done this:-

setup a c-bus dummy group called “blinds” and program it into a switch, then expose it on homekit through homebridge , then setup an automation on HomeKit , so when when the switch is closed , the will blinds are close and vise versa

Shiney2512, Jun 14, 2020
  3. deejaycee

chromus

Exactly what Shiney said, I know @JasonY00 does it the same way too. There is a separate section for this stuff further down the forum “voice control” better to post there usually.

chromus, Jun 14, 2020
Ask a Question