CBus - Control 4 integration

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by willneild, Sep 14, 2020.

1. willneild

willneild

Hi there, I am reasonably new to the world of CBus, I am struggling with Control 4 integration of scenes. I can control individual circuits but have no clue regarding scene integration. It’s only a small project luckily with 1 dimmer pack and 2 x Edlt and 2 x pir

the system is connected and programmed through a RS232 PCI

any help would be much appreciated

TIA

willneild, Sep 14, 2020
  2. willneild

jboer

Hey Will,

If you have only that much C-Bus gear I wouldn't do scenes in C-Bus and just have them in Control4, just have them controlling the channels you want. If you want to trigger a scene in Control4 from C-Bus, you can just use a dummy group and monitor it in C4 Programming to set the scene you want.

jboer, Sep 15, 2020
  3. willneild

willneild

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the customer wants scenes. So how do you create dummy groups that are attached to scenes? I only ask as the scenes are done on the EDLT’s and they don’t create groups. Do you need to link them somehow?
    Cheers again for the reply. As I say I’m quite new to this

willneild, Sep 15, 2020
  4. willneild

jboer

I am saying have scenes but move them into Control4, use the Control4 Scenes.... and then usually you would use trigger groups but I find them fiddly in C4 so just make a group address in C-Bus that is on your buttons and then when you turn them on and off have a condition in C4 that when it sees that group address tun on/off to set the scenes you want, you may need to do a couple of things to get the indication working correctly but that all depends on what you want and how its set up.

jboer, Sep 15, 2020
  5. willneild

willneild

Ok, so how to you link scenes to a group? I didn’t think EDLT scenes created groups?
    Sorry getting really confused

willneild, Sep 15, 2020
  6. willneild

jboer

Where are you based? I am wondering if you can get someone who knows C-Bus to give you a hand. If you really want to use C-Bus scenes, then it can be done, but its more than a simple post or two to explain it and how to make it work nicely between C-Bus and C4.

jboer, Sep 15, 2020
Ask a Question