CBUS BLIND CONTROL AND LIMITS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Proto84, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Proto84

Proto84

Hi guys
    I was just wondering if anybody knows how to setup some dumb 12v dc blinds that DONT have internal limits with the Cbus blind control relay
    I have
    Single button control on the zen switches
    DLT switches
    Scenes via wiser 2 or shac
    Blind relays

Proto84, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Proto84

jboer

That sounds like some dodgy blinds lol, what happens if they get to the end? Do they just keep flapping round?

Basically you need to wire the relay according to the manual for dry contact or DC function and then you would be relying on the relay to do the timing for up and down.

jboer, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Proto84

Proto84

Apollo blinds, supposed to be a reputable company
    That’s not hard setting up In regards to timing

I’m more concerned about stopping the motor and then reversing it to original state

Proto84, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Proto84

chromus

From your description I assume u are using their R6/28 -240v motor. You could try a current sensor to detect a stall and cut the power.

Does their controller box support Zigbee? If so you might be able to connect that way rather than the blind relay?

A bit of digging indicates they are probably based on the Somfy system, which can be interfaced with Homebridge and Homebridge CBUS

chromus, Sep 1, 2020
    jboer likes this.
Ask a Question