Cbus and heating integration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by l60mcm, Mar 4, 2013.

1. l60mcm

l60mcm

Hi sorry if this is in the wrong section. I know there are a few different threads regarding cbus and heating integration but none really matched my question.

I have attached a simplified version (mine is 240v not 9v) of my heating wiring diagram but hopefully you get the idea.

At present I have a horstmann h47xl 4 zone time clock. 3 room stats and hot water tank stat

My question.

Is there any reason why I can not wire 4 free channels of one of my cbus relays and control it from my BW touch screen, wiser (iphone) or DLT’s. I would like to have a schedule that will eventually take the place off the time clock but be able to turn off the heating if I am not going to be home or make it come on if I am going to be home early.

Any comments suggestions welcome

Attached Files:

• cbus.JPG
      cbus.JPG
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
    l60mcm, Mar 4, 2013
  2. l60mcm

NickD Moderator

I don't have any experience with Heating like this, and I can't comment on whether there are any regulations that would disallow this, but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

The only thing I can see is that you wouldn't know the actual status of any channel just by looking at the C-Bus groups.. you could address this problem with some additional relays with 240V coils connected in parallel with the actuator coils, and using a bus coupler to monitor the contacts of those relays to give you actual zone status on C-Bus.

Nick

NickD, Mar 5, 2013
  3. l60mcm

l60mcm

Thanks for your response. If I had the group address of the relay channel linked to a button on a dlt or touch screen would this not indicate if the group address is on or off

l60mcm, Mar 5, 2013
  4. l60mcm

NickD Moderator

Yes, but when the C-Bus relay is off, you don't know whether the zone is actually on via the time clock switch.

Nick

NickD, Mar 7, 2013
  5. l60mcm

l60mcm

I get what you mean now the time clock is just the way it is currently run once I get the c bus up and running the time clock will be turned off for good.

Thanks for you help

l60mcm, Mar 7, 2013
Ask a Question