Cbus and Brivis heating and a/c

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by chrip, Apr 30, 2013.

1. chrip

chrip

Hi guys

I am currently building my house and I'm upto the wiring stage. The house shall have CBUS installed.

I have a Brivis mx35I gas heater with and 38CDA18-9 18kW a/c addon.

I would like to be able to at least turn the a/c on and off remotely via cbus (temperature control would also be nice, but not essential if too difficult).

My a/c guy had no idea, cbus weren't helpful and brivis were hopeless. I haven't plastered the walls up yet, but I can see two wires going from each of my two thermostats. That's the only wiring infrastructure in place at the moment.

Has anyone ever successfully intergrated the brivis system with cbus?

chrip, Apr 30, 2013
  2. chrip

Charlie Crackle

Does it use the networker controller ?? if so then you can change for the Analogue interface and then use a clipsal thermostat

Charlie Crackle, Apr 30, 2013
  3. chrip

chrip

How can I tell if it uses the network controller? I'm of electrical background but have no idea about this brivis system electrically, kind of coming in cold. There's no documentation on the net.

chrip, Apr 30, 2013
  4. chrip

seebus

I believe the network controller is the more advanced wall mounted LCD control panel (thermostat) and associated control card in the heater that Brivis can supply (as opposed to the more basic versions also available).
    They call it the "networker wall control" or something like that.
    I think it is an option that you pay extra for, it has a blue backlit LCD screen.
    I would suspect if you have the addon cooling you would be getting one, but not sure.
    Somewhere in your quotes it should specify what you are getting.

seebus, May 1, 2013
  5. chrip

seebus

seebus, May 1, 2013
  6. chrip

Charlie Crackle

That's the link I was looking for

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2564

attached is a picture of the controller. (does the one you have installed look like this ??)

you remove the controller and replace with analogue interface and c-bus thermostat. it does support cooling.

I will take a picture of the analogue interface for you and post it as well.

Attached Files:

Charlie Crackle, May 1, 2013
  7. chrip

zx9

don't forget

make sure you run cbus cat5 to the thermostat location - it's not just a matter of swappping the thermostats over - the cbus thermostat needs to connect to the network

zx9, May 2, 2013
  8. chrip

chrip

Ok I spoke to my aircon guy:

The controller is called a Brivis Networker. The heater is located in the ceiling cavity.

The networker talks to the heater via 2 wire control cable (24V). I'm not sure what sort of signalling it sends to the heater.

I have two thermostats which are also wired (2wires each) to the heater in the ceiling.

The add-on A/C coil also talks to the heater in the ceiling via 2-wire control.

The condenser outside is also wired to the heater upstairs via 2-wire control.

chrip, May 3, 2013
  9. chrip

Charlie Crackle

The analogue interface in the picture below replaces both networkers and is installed at the heater

the wires that go to the networker controllers go here.

you then run new cable 5 core to ONE thermostat (with relays) and cbus cable

the other thermostat is just connected to cbus cable and the thermostats communicate over the cbus network.

This is quite complex to set up and if you already have the 2 networker controllers then costly as well as you need to buy the bravis analogue interface and two cbus thermostats.

it may not be worth is just to be able to turn on and off via cbus. !

Charles

Attached Files:

Charlie Crackle, May 4, 2013
  10. chrip

Charlie Crackle

If you have zones as well controlled buy the networker then you will have problems as these need to be rewired to cbus relays at extra cost.

The solution is not simple

Charlie Crackle, May 4, 2013
Ask a Question