Cbus Alexa

Discussion in 'Voice Control' started by rafiqaust, Jul 29, 2017.

1. rafiqaust

rafiqaust

Has anyone integrate cbus and alexa.

rafiqaust, Jul 29, 2017
  2. rafiqaust

bmerrick

Hi Rafiqaust,

Are you an end user / home owner? If so I suggest you should ask your C-Bus installer if they have a solution for you as they will likely have the best knowledge of your site including its project files etc and can best help you set it up.

Take a look at this thread. I noted there the Smart Voice system for Amazon Alexa to C-Bus integration with a link to their website which also has a link to the trained 'authorised installers' in each state. To use Smart Voice, you need to have either a Wiser2 or a Push Controls box eg. Push PC2. Smart Voice can also support Google Assistant / Google Home and others.

Message me if you need further details,

Brad

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2017
    bmerrick, Jul 29, 2017
  3. rafiqaust

rafiqaust

Hi Brad I think u know integration of Alexa and cbus. I found u r the authorised integrator based on smart voice website. If u want u can help me I got wiser2 and can send wiser2 project to u.Thanks

rafiqaust, Aug 4, 2017
  4. rafiqaust

bmerrick

Hi Rafiqaust,

Just sent you a PM.

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 7, 2017
  5. rafiqaust

SmartVoice

Hey Rafiqaust,

How did you go getting your voice control set up? If you need advice or help getting Smart Voice set up, feel free to drop us a message or an email :)

SmartVoice, Aug 31, 2017
  6. rafiqaust

LC79

how much does smartvoice cost? is it a licence fee?

LC79, Feb 11, 2018
    infin8 likes this.
  7. rafiqaust

AussieTanker

I am also very interested in this.

Our home is a very early CBus wired smart home, altho we don't really use any of those features at the moment. I would be very interested in setting it up so that it could be voice activated via Alexa - mainly the lighting in different rooms + the TV/Netfix/TiVo & possibly the front door security.

We don't have any interface that allows us as home owners to change or control any aspects of the smart home automation - we have to call a CBus certified electrician whenever we want some aspect changed.

1. Is it expensive to get some sort of update with a wall mounted control panel that will allow us to set and adjust "scenes' etc without calling out the CBus tech

2. How can this then be hooked up to our Alexa units so that i can have better control over end user aspects of the system and activate everything with Alexa.

Cheers
    A|T

AussieTanker, Jul 10, 2018
  8. rafiqaust

NickD Moderator

Your best bet is probably to get a good integrator to install one of the new C-Bus Automation Controllers and a touchscreen.

Once set up (assuming you specify the requirement), then you would be able to edit your own scenes and schedules.

For voice control... there are a bunch of threads here with various DIY options.

If you don't want to DIY, the best way to enable voice control (via Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri) is to use SmartVoice, which can connect via the Automation Controller.

Nick

NickD, Jul 11, 2018
  9. rafiqaust

bushpossum

It's top secret- could be $50 a year, could be $5000!
    I can't even get a "ballpark" figure from anyone.

bushpossum, May 16, 2019
  10. rafiqaust

NickD Moderator

Have you contacted any of the Approved Installers listed on their website? Or contacted SmartVoice themselves (they are based in Melbourne).

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I know the license is a one-off cost, not an annual subscription.

It's not a DIY product, (you have to go through an integrator), and as such I would assume the cost to you would probably depend on the amount of time it takes them to set it all up, which in turn would depend on how many things you want to control with it.

Nick

NickD, May 17, 2019
Ask a Question