CBUS 2 Learn Mode Help

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by raptor, Jan 2, 2019.

1. raptor

raptor

Hi There.

To cut a long story short, I am new to CBUS.
    I have a 12 channel relay.

I am having issues programming the light switches.

It is a new house, and this is a new CBUS install, and first time using CBUS.
    I have got the 12 channel relay setup, and can manual turn the outputs on and off. They are all for lights.

With a pink CBUS CAT5 I have wired as blue/orange to positive, and white-blue/white-orange to negative.

If I use a 1 metre cable to test with the RJ45 on the end and plug in to the CBUS terminal on the relay, I then do from what I read to link the light switch:

1. hold an OFF output for 10 seconds,
    2. then power / cbus lights flash alternate
    3. I then select the output channel i wish to program and have it on and turn all other outputs off
    4. i then tap once on my light switch the button which then stays on,
    5. I then hold another output that is currently OFF for 2 seconds, to exit learn mode

Then, when I try the light switch it works.

HOWEVER, the issue I have, is then when I take this single light switch and I take it to the first light switch in the house and connect it there. All the light switches in the house have been linked in series. However for trouble shooting I disconnected the loop to light switch 2.

When I connect to the first light switch cable and hold down the 10 seconds output on relay to enter programming mode, INSTEAD of seeing ALTERNATE power / cbus flashing, I instead SEE the power/cbus lights flash TOGETHER.

I can't seem to get in to programming mode, however worked fine when I use just a 1 metre cable directly to the cbus port on relay.

I checked the cable, and the RJ45 is wired the same as the 1 metre cable I tested with, and the light switch that I was able to program that was on the 1 metre cable when disconnected and then plugged in to the run cable for where it is to be installed (about 5m), i then get this weird operation.

When I try to press any button on the light switch it does not light up, and if i hold it down for about 5 seconds on the light switch it flashes blue/red continuously.

Any ideas why the lights flash together?

raptor, Jan 2, 2019
  2. raptor

DarylMc

“Lights flash together”
    That sounds like a possible response.
    Have a read of the cbus learn mode manual.
    You can find it with google.

Preferably consider a buying a CBus interface and using CBus Toolkit Software for programming.

DarylMc, Jan 2, 2019
Ask a Question