Can't select 'Trigger' as secondary application on wireless unit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by BradJ, Jul 22, 2007.

1. BradJ

BradJ

I have a wireless dimmer (5812D3L1AA). I want to setup the trigger application (group 202) as the secondary application but its not in the drop down list. In fact 'enable' (group 203) is not there either so maybe groups > 128 don't appear?

Is this a known issue?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
    BradJ, Jul 22, 2007
  2. BradJ

ashleigh Moderator

It is meant to be that way.

If you want an enable or trigger on a wireless unit, there a special microfunctions and macrofunctions available for each key to do exactly what you want.

For example on the top section of the GUI, select the function drop-down next to the key, scroll down, and you will find things like Scene Trigger, Enable, etc etc.

This is the **preferred** way for all new key units.

In the long run use of the primary and secondary applications on Trigger and Enable will disappear and be replaced with something *much* more flexible. (This is years, not months). Wireless sets the trend.

ashleigh, Jul 22, 2007
  3. BradJ

BradJ

Thanks Ashleigh, I got it. I was confused as hell but I got it. I think what I did wrong tonight was I added a lighting group to the scene (cos I thought I had to) instead of just creating an empty scene.

Thanks.

BradJ, Jul 23, 2007
  4. BradJ

ashleigh Moderator

Ah - to trigger a scene that is somewhere else, yes, just create an empty scene.

At the moment the way this is presented is a bit sucky :)

We are working on some improvements to make setup of a remote scene trigger a whole lot more obvious.

ashleigh, Jul 24, 2007
Ask a Question