Can't open network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Denzo, May 17, 2015.

1. Denzo

Denzo

Hi, new here. I've inherited an existing cbus system that, although functional, has been neglected over the years. Many of the devices (AC, heaters, towel rack, alarm) cannot be turned on through existing switches etc.. The lights all work whether straight on/off or dimmer. I have found the original database from 2005 which I've converted using Toolkit V1.14.2. There are 6 12 channel relays and 3 4 channel dimmers.

I've got a basic knowledge of CBus from a renovation I just finished but won't be playing with any of the electrics, only programming. I've been trying to get a tech in for the past 4 weeks but decided to give it a go myself after 4 weeks of waiting, 2 last minute, cancelled appointments and 1 very late arrival last Fri which meant I had to leave for work without him having done anything. I have a new Cbus install at my house so think basic knowledge would be useful. I have started reading the manuals and forums but was hoping for some assistance as this may (hopefully) be quite a quick fix??

On the system itself, When I connect a computer via serial I cannot open the network. I get an error message saying "PCI Failed to reset," Error 22918.

When I click on the network for the project, I see current, impedance and 16 unites calculated, 16 not calculated. "Result 352 mA more power required. 1 burden required" Some of the lights at the bottom of the relay/dimmers are flashing. I'd like to resolve whatever is behind this issue and be able to adjust some of the programming on the switches. The system has many DLTs and two screens so inputs won't be a problem.

Any assistance appreciated and apologies for the long winded post.

Denzo, May 17, 2015
Ask a Question