Can't get Circa to talk to 5034 over CBUS

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by BradJ, Jan 1, 2005.

1. BradJ

BradJ

Happy new year!

Just got my 5034NIRT onto my CBUS network, but I can't get CIRCA to talk to it.

I start a CIRCA project and select the 5034 out of my CBUS project file, but when I select download, upload or test comms the option to do this over CBUS is greyed out. The only option enabled is via the hiugh speed comms cable (which I don't have).

How can I get CIRCA to talk to the 5034 over CBUS? My PC Cbus connection is via Minder. Is this not supported from CIRCA? I own, but have not yet setup, Homegate. Will this help?

Thanks,
    Brad.

BradJ, Jan 1, 2005
  2. BradJ

Duncan

The current Version of Circa will not download over C-Bus.. You need the high speed programming cable. Sorry (again :) ).

Duncan, Jan 1, 2005
  3. BradJ

BradJ

Just can't cut a break, can I! :(

BradJ, Jan 1, 2005
  4. BradJ

coppo

To go one further , you also need an actual "serial port" on your pc.

Listed on the CIS Website it shows that the 5034NIRT is not compatible with
    USB> RS232 Serial Adaptors.
    http://www.clipsal.com/cis/lit_installtraining_connectors.php3

To clarify, to program a 5034NIRT you will need;
    1/ 5100HSC ( programming cable )
    2/ 5034NIRT
    3/ C-Bus power source
    4/ Built-in Serial port on your pc or PCMCIA>RS232 serial port card.
    5/ CIRCA software

coppo, Jan 6, 2005
  5. BradJ

BradJ

Oh bugger!

Got the cable but hadn't had a chance to do anything yet. Looks like I'll need to relocate the 5034 everytime I want to program it.

Glad you told me that one before I wasted more tim. Thanks.

Is there an intention to support programming over CBUS?

BradJ, Jan 9, 2005
  6. BradJ

BradJ

If I relocate it, I'll need a CBUS power source. Just looked through the brochure and Install manual and it doesn't say what to use.

A little help?

Please don't tell me it's the 5500PS at a few hundred $$$'s. The brochure and the install both said I could program via CBUS. They didn't say I couldn't, and more to the point, didn't say I'd have to spend hundreds more again in order to program it.

BradJ, Jan 9, 2005
  7. BradJ

Richo

It means that there must be other C-Bus units on the network that act as a power source, for example relays. So if the C-Bus network is currently working, in most circumstances, you can just add the 5034 on to the network and it will work. Of course all the rules of C-Bus wiring apply.

Is this little enough ... I can provide less? OK....ONLY joking ;) , of course we are always glad to help.

Programming via C-Bus is coming, It is on my todo list. However, it will only work on 5034 units with fiirmware version 1.1 or later. This has been the firmware version used in production for about 6 months.

I can't give a timeline on when downloading via C-Bus will be released as there are few other things being added to the programming software as well.

Richo, Jan 9, 2005
  8. BradJ

BradJ

Sorry, I need to be a bit clearer.

When I said relocate it, I meant near my PC with an RS232 port, which means off the CBUS network.. I guess I could piggy back it onto my Neo in the study. That should be close enough for a serial cable to reach it from my PC.

Thanks for your help. Its great to have access to the techo guys via this forum.

BradJ, Jan 10, 2005
  9. BradJ

Richo

I see, that makes sense. It is worth mentioning that downloading via C-Bus will be much slower than direct cable connection.

Thanks. We find it an excellent place to keep in contact with C-Bus installers/users.

Richo, Jan 10, 2005
Ask a Question