Can't find Scene Component Name on B&W C-Touch

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mgedrych, Aug 16, 2008.

1. mgedrych

mgedrych

I?m trying to implement the "In-built System IO" example in the PICED help system for a Scene Editor where, as you scroll through the components in a scene, the name of the group address is displayed.

The PICED help talks about an In-Built System IO Variable called ?Scene Component Name?. I can?t find this variable anywhere; it doesn?t appear when I place a tool with category of ?Scenes?. Would I be right in thinking that this variable isn?t supported by the B&W C-Touch? Does anyone of a workaround or other way to obtain the name of the groups address?

mgedrych, Aug 16, 2008
  2. mgedrych

Mark

Scene Component Names in B&W C-Touch

Hi Mgedrych,

You are correct; Group Names are not stored in the B&W C-Touch as they chew up too much project space. It will only display the group number.
    There are no sensible work arounds i can think of, only a huge steaming pile of logic...

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Aug 18, 2008
Ask a Question