Cant factory reset NAC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by pgardiner, Apr 16, 2021.

1. pgardiner

pgardiner

HI all, a great one here, have a client who programs his own NAC, he is very accomplished.

However, we are in a position where it will not take his latest config.

So, despite what we do, it will look like it completed all the below but actually doesn’t carry it out. No error messages, only messages stating it completed the operation.

Power off/on
    HW reset.
    SW reset all the way >30s.
    Web Application factory reset, it says it complete and will reboot in 5s.
    USB Application factory reset, it says it complete and will reboot in 5s.
    The ip address never changes back to 192.168.0.10

After a confirmed factory reset the config is still in there and if I delete a script or object, it says it deleted it but when refreshed it’s still there.

Lastly, we can’t access any user profiles, they are there but is says they cant be edited, can’t add or delete.

I am logged in as admin with client’s password.

Is there a TFTP process?

Any clues?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    pgardiner, Apr 16, 2021
  2. pgardiner

Pie Boy

Have you tried clearing browser cache?- it’s probably not that,Most likely the sd card has failed,
    if you try and alter some parameters and it dose not save that’s what I would be looking at.

Pie Boy, Apr 16, 2021
  3. pgardiner

pgardiner

Thanks for input, def not cashed, my laptop, his laptop , his Desktop stil the same.
    Will look at warrently status on Monday before look inside at SD card,

pgardiner, Apr 17, 2021
  4. pgardiner

pgardiner

Update, the user profile issue is sorted, customer confused Admin with User accounts.

So still with the cant factory reset NAC.

pgardiner, Apr 18, 2021
  5. pgardiner

pgardiner

What is the difference between the 5500NAC and LSS5500NAC firmware, the client may have loaded the 5500NAC when the unit is a LSS5500NAC

pgardiner, Apr 18, 2021
  6. pgardiner

pgardiner

Fixed, SD card couldnt be written to, it was reading the last known settings as read only, cloned the SD card to a new SD card.
    All now great, if only the Wiser 2 could be the same fix!

pgardiner, Apr 19, 2021
  7. pgardiner

philthedill

how did you access the SD card?

philthedill, Apr 24, 2021
  8. pgardiner

pgardiner

Check you warranty first, the below will invalidate it.
    Take photos of your progress for reference.

You have to score along the case line of the side sticker otherwise you can’t part the case.
    Prise off the top cover where the LED indicators are using a plastic prising tool, there are 2 tabs on each long side.
    Prise the 2 tabs on the bottom of the unit, the whole thing should now come apart.
    Be careful as the unit is in 2 parts connected by a long fragile connector. Look how the boards slot into the case first before you pull it all out. It will make it easier to put back.
    You need to pull the 2 parts apart, the SD card in on the top pc board.
    The SD card has some white mastic on it, carefully use a wooden toothpick to pick it off.
    The SD card does not slide out, the top of the holder slides backwards, and the cover will hinge backwards.
    You can now remove the SD card.
    I used https://www.minitool.com/backup/system-backup.html the free version for 30 days to clone the SD card to a 32GB SanDisk https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08GY9NYRM on amazon £5.99
    I tried using the same size as the old one (16GB Transend) but if the partitions look smaller on the new SD even by a fwew bytes it will fail. Bigger on the new SD card is not a problem.
    When complete pop it back in again, slide forward the SD card cover to lock and be really careful lining up the connector to re-join the 2 boards.
    I benched tested mine using the USB to connector on my laptop prior to finally putting it back together, look for 192.168.154.10
    Biggest issue is lining up the LED light carriers when putting top cover back on.

The failing to write to SD card is more common than we think on the NACS. My source says they have seen more than a few. Maybe the Clipsal supplied SD cards are not so long term reliable.

Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
    pgardiner, Apr 24, 2021
  9. pgardiner

pgardiner

Thats 192.168.254.10

pgardiner, Apr 24, 2021
Ask a Question