Can't Edit 5500PS (C-Bus Power Supply)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by abg, Jul 24, 2008.

1. abg

abg

Is there any way to edit the standard name etc values in a 5500PS? When you try to edit within toolkit 1.9.2 you get a message asking you to update the software. Using earlier verson such as 1.7.x it doesn't even respond with a message - just ignores the mouse clicks.

There is no easy way to set the part name label from NEWUNIT (default) or other general values like the serial number. Not a huge deal but strange there is no dialog box for this part.

abg, Jul 24, 2008
  2. abg

ashleigh Moderator

That device is actually not programmable at all. It just provides power.

TK should not let you do anything.

This will be added to the list-of-things-to-be-fixed.

ashleigh, Jul 24, 2008
  3. abg

filpee

I have noticed that in trying to edit this device (in an earlier version) I get an error in trying to set the serial number.

Serial Number cannot be greater than 10485754095

The serial number for these power supplies starts with 2 so it is a larger number.

I like to add these units to the database so I can keep track of what units I have out in the field.

Whilst not being programmable we should still be able to set the Serial number and Tag Name in the database.
    I assume thats what you mean when you say you will be adding it to the list-of-things-to-be-fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2008
    filpee, Aug 28, 2008
  4. abg

ashleigh Moderator

It is planned on being improved to be more sane than it is.

These changes could be some time off, though I like your idea of allowing a name and serial # to be stored in the DB.

ashleigh, Aug 28, 2008
Ask a Question