Cannot connect to Wiser 1

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by dynajet, Jan 13, 2023.

1. dynajet

dynajet

I live in the US. I have a C-BUS system in my home for 10 years. All of a sudden I cannot connect to my Wiser unit (WHC-5918), When I scan my network the Wiser unit shows up with the default IP address 192.168.1.3 but I do not get a response if I ping the unit. My iPhone app can not connect to the unit as well.

My system is working fine but I have to login into the unit to change the clock for daylight savings or if I need to make some changes to a small logic program I have running but I cannot get in.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

dynajet, Jan 13, 2023
  2. dynajet

Ashley

Have you tried re-starting it? Wiser 1's are known for locking up and a reboot often fixes it. Also, the power supplies tend to get flaky after a few years and even if they measure ok they may be unreliable under load. Finally, the connecting block between the 2 units can also become flaky. You can replace it with a network cable between the cbus interface and one lan port plus a splitter for the power supply.

Ashley, Jan 13, 2023
Ask a Question