Cannot access Wiser from WAN

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Oct 9, 2012.

1. poldim

poldim

Wiser is a LAN device with IP 192.168.1.10
    Ports forwarded to Wiser based on manual as shown in screen shot below. Column headings are: Enabled, ,Protocol, Src Address, Ext Ports, Int Port, Int Address, Description
    Port 3030 was me playing around trying to see if I could access the Wiser router setup pages as I have set the Remote Management Port to 3030. No luck.

I've tried a few different setup's and its still not working.
    While on the LAN, if I go to WAN-IP:12345, I am able to access the Flash UI. I believe this is because of NAT loopback which is enabled on my router which recognizes that I'm access a LAN object with WAN address.

If I go to WAN-IP, my personal web server shows its page as it should because port 80 is being forwarded to the server's IP. Thinking that this might be screwing with the Wiser, I disabled it and it did not correct the problem. I also tried forwarding 80 to Wiser without any success.

I tried using WireShark on the LAN, but there are too many lines for me to make sense of. When I used it from the WAN, it was a bit more reasonable with the image posted below. I've hidden a few lines that were not relevant that showed my IP and printer/router comms. The odd thing is that the Wiser, shown as Sparklan_18:4c:fb (Note that the MAC is fb, not fc as on the Wiser admin UI, but it could just be the MAC addy of one of the switch ports), is asking for an odd request: Who has 70.197.3.8? Tell 192.168.1.10

Does anyone know what this means or can anyone verify if theirs is doing something similar? When I ran a Who IS search, it came up as a Verizon Wireless IP.

Attached Files:

poldim, Oct 9, 2012
  2. poldim

kjayakumar

I wiresharked my Wiser's WAN and don't see it generating any similar request. I also have a Wiser as a LAN device and also don't see anything similar. You may want to check if there's any cameras setup in your project or rss feed that is using an external IP/DNS/dyndns name that could trigger that.

kjayakumar, Oct 12, 2012
Ask a Question