Can you identify this??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Leigh, May 6, 2006.

1. Leigh

Leigh

The attached picture was posted elsewhere on the Forum.

Can anyone identify the product (make, model, etc) and where it can be purchased?

(I want to use it as a star point for C-Bus wiring and to assist in fault finding).

Thanks,
    Leigh

Attached Files:

• RJ45.jpg
      RJ45.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
    Leigh, May 6, 2006
  2. Leigh

Darpa

The original post for the pic you are looking at is on www.integratorsforum.com
    The address for the actual post on that site is (Click Here)

I would suggest you might be better off trying to track it down on there, but be warned, the guy who posted that pic originally was ForumAdmin, the guy who runs the site, and he goes on to say that he bought them several years ago, (by the way, this post is over 2 years old, meaning that by now its even longer than "a few years ago".

So you might have a little trouble tracking it down, but good luck, ForumAdmin is a nice guy, and hopefully he might still be able to help you.

Also, I have never seen a product like that before, and I know most products in Aussie supplier's catalogs, (I'm assuming its a kind of hard-wired hub that would be suitable for a C-Bus "star" configuration). If ForumAdmin cant help you, you might be better off buying some RJ45 jacks, or a 19" rack mount panel, and simply manually wiring all the sockets together, shouldnt be very hard to do if you know how, or have a friend who does :)

Good luck mate,
    Kindest Regards,

Darpa :)

Darpa, May 7, 2006
  3. Leigh

znelbok

That pic was the result of a question I posted over on the other forum.

I have never found out what it is and eventually had to give up. If you find out what it is please post the details

Mick

znelbok, May 8, 2006
  4. Leigh

Darpa

Hey guys,

In case you are interested, and cannot find any other simple and cheap solutions, I did a little research, and for me to custom manufacture a "Hub" similar to the one in the photo above, would cost roughly:

3 Port: $16
    4 Port: $20
    5 Port: $24
    6 Port: $27
    7 Port: $30
    8 Port: $33
    These prices do not include postage costs, but I wouldnt anticipate them to be more than $5 anywhere within Australia.

This is essentially a small black box, with mounting tabs enabling it to be attached to a wall, inside an enclosure, or just sitting somewhere, either by using screws, or double-sided tape. The boxes are probably the equivalent size of 2 or 3 of the "Hub" pictured above, which is still fairly small.
    The RJ45 8-way jacks could be mounted to be plugged in from the side of the box, the top of it, or any combination in-between.
    Electrically, they would simply have each pin of each port wired to the matching pins on every other port.

If a large quantity (say 50 or more) were wanted, The prices would certainly get cheaper as the quantity got higher.
    Below is a picture of the type of box the jacks would be mounted inside.

Kindest Regards,

Darpa :)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2006
    Darpa, May 8, 2006
  5. Leigh

daniel C-Busser Moderator

daniel, May 8, 2006
Ask a Question