Can you adjust close time of bell press?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by poldim, Mar 4, 2015.

1. poldim

poldim

It seems that when I set a button function as a bell press, has a minimum closed in time if you press the button quickly in the wiser android app, maybe about a second or two. However, if you press the button and hold it a little (quarter or half a second), it will not engage the minimum time. Is there a way to disable this? Specifically its activating an LV relay.

poldim, Mar 4, 2015
  2. poldim

Ashley

In a CBus physical switch the bell press associates an ON Key function with a short press event, and an Offkey with both short and long release events. This means the group is turned on when you press the switch and off when you release it. There is no internal timer etc. and no minimum on time (apart from the debounce time anyway). I have never used the wiser bell press widget but I just tried it while running the diagnostic utility and it works the same. i.e. sends and On when you press it and an Off when you release it. If you press and release it very quickly it sends and single message with both an on and an off in it which is interesting. I can't reproduce delays like you are experiencing.

Do you actually need the on/off time to be determined by the user pressing the button though, or do you just need a fixed length on time? If so, why not just use a timer widget instead?

If you really need the user to control the ON time but with a minimum time period you could write some simple logic to do it.

Either way, there is certainly no timers associated with a bell press.

Ashley, Mar 4, 2015
Ask a Question