Can Toolkit run on Win Server 2012R2?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by grantw, Dec 5, 2017.

1. grantw

grantw

In theory of course, it's essentially a server version of 8.1, but I get an error about SharpContainer.dll. I know there is a way to tell Toolkit not to check for this, but I don't know what the consequences would be, and what functionality would get broken.

The reason for attempting this is to get a remote access solution working at a corporate client who understandably doesn't want to directly open external ports to their WISER2.

We may have to just get them to set up a NUC for us, but this is the first cut.

SharpContainer error.png Server info.png

grantw, Dec 5, 2017
  2. grantw

Ashley

Ashley, Dec 5, 2017
  3. grantw

grantw

Thanks, that was the switch I had read about (pretty sure it's in the release notes) but there was only a generic "be sure you know what the consequences are" instead of an actual explanation of the consequences :)

Don't need to worry about eDLT's on this particular network. Thanks very much.

grantw, Dec 8, 2017
Ask a Question