Can Recall 1 and Recall 2 be set within a logic script?

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by noyzey, May 9, 2022.

1. noyzey

noyzey

Does anyone know if I can adjust the recall 1 and 2 values in a C-Bus switch/sensor via logic?

This would be a nice way to do late-night sensor lights at a lower light level, whilst still having the ability to turn the light on to 100% from the switch.

My understanding is that if you use the logic tab in the dimmer to reduce the max setting to say 25%, then the load will never be able to turn on to 100% until the control GA in the logic tab of the dimmer is set from 25% back to 100%.

Looking for a better way to provide this feature for clients using C-Bus. It's very easy to do in C4 centralised lighting.

noyzey, May 9, 2022
  2. noyzey

Ashley

No (as in no you can't, not no I don't know :))

One option is to set the switch to a normal dimmer, then use a separate GA for the sensor (or another switch) set to the night level and put that in the logic with the MAX functions. You can then increase the light level above that of the sensor.

Ashley, May 9, 2022
  3. noyzey

noyzey

won't the dimmer be restricted to the max value of the sensor GA? and hence the switch will not go higher than this?

noyzey, May 9, 2022
  4. noyzey

Ashley

Not with the MAX function. You just can't dim it lower than the sensor GA unless you set up another switch to turn off/disable the sensor.

Ashley, May 9, 2022
  5. noyzey

noyzey

Thanks Ashley. I'll be back in the office on the weekend. I'll plug into the C-Bus test rig and do some testing based around your suggestions and get back to you.

noyzey, May 10, 2022
  6. noyzey

noyzey

The test works well as you suggested. Thanks for your help.

[SOLUTION] - How to set a light sensor to trigger a dim setting, whilst still being able to turn the light on to 100% from a light switch.

Set up the following in the sensor:
    • Make a new GA in virtual key 1 "sensor dim", and assign it to "Any Move". (use a unique GA "Sensor Dim 1,2,3... for each sensor you want to have this function)
    • Remove all other virtual key functions in the sensor and set them to <Unused>
    • Changed the virtual key function of key 1 to "Short press: Ramp Recall 1"
    • Set in the Blocks page, Recall Lvls % of virtual key 1 to 10% (or any desired dimming value)
    • [if required] Create a schedule to enable and disable the sensor in Wiser / PAC / SHAC, so the sensor only works after sunset (or from midnight, or if all lights in the house are off ....)
    Now edit the dimmer unit controlling your lighting load and go to the logic tab
    • Tick the channel of the lighting load you want to control
    • Select the max setting on this channel (below)
    • Add the control GA "sensor dim" to the logic groups pull-down menu on the right.

noyzey, May 13, 2022
Ask a Question