Can I use a TV remote to activate a group address through the MATRIX switcher?

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by XHPBT1, Mar 29, 2010.

1. XHPBT1

XHPBT1

Well I have been told that it is possible to use a TV or DVD remote to activate lighting, such as dimmer lights on play button and ramp up lights when paused or muted....

spoken to clipsal and they said its not possible unless I use a clipsal remote to activate that group address

has anyone done this?

Thankyou,
    David

XHPBT1, Mar 29, 2010
  2. XHPBT1

Darpa

You could use a universal remote, but then you'd be using specific buttons for specific functions, or you could use a Logitech Harmony or Philips Pronto and program buttons to do several things at once.

Darpa, Mar 29, 2010
  3. XHPBT1

7iron

I use one of these to turn on and off C-bus groups. Its then up to what you can program a group to do.

http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus/input_units/ir_receivers

7iron, Mar 30, 2010
  4. XHPBT1

Damaxx

I have done this install a few times using the Logitech remotes. They are resonably cheap for what they do and will do macros like your after eailsy. Only prob you might run into is that logitech dont offically support Cbus on thier ir listings anymore, or so one of the support techs from logitech told me. You can find the codes for the 3 different ir blocks used in the cbus recivers on remotecentral.com, send them to logitech via a support email and they will upload them to your remote for you to program, but not officially support them.

Damaxx, Apr 15, 2010
  5. XHPBT1

Ashley

Clipsal A,B and C codes are still in the Logitech database. Just add Home Automation -> Lighting Controller -> Clipsal -> C-Bus. Works just fine with Neo units. It also has the codes for the 5035TX remote (just add 5035TX)

Ashley, Apr 15, 2010
  6. XHPBT1

Damaxx

Thanks Ashley. It was around 12 months ago that I was told by a logitech support person that they were no longer supporting home automation codes. I am not suprised that the have gone back to doin it.

Cheers for the heads up.

Damaxx, Apr 17, 2010
Ask a Question