Can I program 5000ct2 via the cbus module?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dave, Dec 12, 2017.

1. dave

dave

Hi, ive inherited a cbus system, its working ok. I want to make some changes to the 5000CT2 mono. Can I do this via the actual CBUS module - RS232 port? Or do I need to do this by plugging in directly to the touch screen via USB or RS232 behind the fascia? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks, Dave

dave, Dec 12, 2017
  2. dave

Ashley

You use PICED to program the touch screens. It is a free download from the cis web site. PICED can upload via the cbus network but it is painfully slow and not really recommended. Remove the facia and plug you PC into the usb port of the touch screen. Note that the touch screen needs to be connected to a cbus network to get power.

You really need a copy of the original project file for the touchscreen (this is separate from the cbus project file that defines the actual network). If you don't have that that you can upload from the device but that may be incomplete.

Ashley, Dec 12, 2017
Ask a Question